Thank you so much to Erika of Endomental gifting me with the Liebster Blog Award!
“The Liebster Award” is given to up and coming bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers. The word "Liebster" comes from German and can mean the sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, most beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.”
Here are the Rules for this Award:
Thank the person who nominated you. When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you. Pass the award onto 6 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
11 Random Facts
1. I'm so very grateful to my readers -- like Erika who singled me out with such kind words. Their support means more to me than anticipated when I began this blog. Because I just started blogging to create an online diary and to give myself a creative outlet. I never expected it to be read. The kindness and supportive wishes I've received from people "out there" is wonderful and more than a little humbling.
2. I'm working on my temper because I let stupid things get to me too much, too often. Like the checker at Walgreen's who never says "thank you." Why does that bother me so much? Life is too short.
3. I'm a loyal Democrat -- a Kennedy Girl through and through -- who wants the GOP to get it together. I'm a big believer in the two-party system and we're stronger when we have two credible national parties.
4. If I ever move, I'd like a yard -- even a tiny shared one -- so I could have a dog. I'd really love to rescue a mutt with expressive brown eyes.
5. But there's little more in life I hate more than moving.
6. As soon as my officemates leave the room, I scratch my back with either a pen or my ruler.
7. On the train ride home, I eavesdrop on other people's phone calls to hear what they're going to have for dinner. Chicken seems very popular in this neighborhood.
8. I think my favorite individual scene in all of moviedom is the climax of The Miracle Worker, when Helen understands that "w-a-t-e-r" means "water." Because Annie has so much heart and refused to give up. Because language opened Helen's world.
9. I can never remember: is President's Day to honor all 44 of them? Or just George and Abe? Every year someone explains it to me and I mean to retain the information but ...
10. I always like looking at the sky. Every color it's got pleases me. Even the inky dark at night and the ominous gray that comes with storms. My favorite is when the sky looks like the blue of my beloved Cubs' uniforms.
11. I find most award shows irresistible.
Endomental's 11 questions:
1. What book do you really not want to read, but you feel like you "should?" Any of the classics, like Anna Karenina.
2. Quick, no peeking! List the vegetables in your fridge. A half can of Green Giant corn.
3. Check your fridge. Were you right? Yes.
4. What's your favorite comfort food? Anything gooey and cheesey, like mac and cheese.
5. When you were twelve, what job did you think you'd have/want to have? Teacher or nurse.
6. Have you ever met any of your bloggy-buddies in person? Snowbird, Bookmama and the two oldest Book Kids. It was fun. (If you're reading this, Ladies, imagine me waving at you.)
7. Do you have a silly word that you use instead of swear words when swear words are inappropriate? If so, what is it? "Good goobies."
8. Describe the perfect cup of coffee. Shudder. I hate coffee.
9. Do any common grammatical errors make you crazy? Which ones? When people say, "you and I" when it should be, "you and me."
10. Do you use movie quotes as part of conversation? Yes. And, to quote Alvy in Annie Hall, "You say that like it's a negative thing."
11. If you had to double for a celebrity, who would it be? Marlo Thomas when she's appearing as that former judge on Law & Order: SVU. Because her part is always small but kick-ass, so I wouldn't have to work very hard but it would be interesting. And I could tell her how much That Girl meant to me while I was growing up.
My questions. I'm not specifically tagging anyone but hope everyone plays along.
1. Do you ever wish you had an identical twin? Why or why not?
2. If you had to travel back in time, when do you think you'd fit in best?
3. How are you on the sleep thing? Do you get 8 straight hours? Or are you plagued by fitful sleep or insomnia or ...
4. Would you rather be rich or famous?
5. Which of your physical features would you NOT change?
6. Do you shop off a grocery list, or do you wing it as you walk through the aisles?
7. What's your least favorite household chore?
8. I recently read a report that said people either LOVE or HATE the character of "Flo" on the Progressive insurance commercials. Which camp are you in?
9. Are you good at word games?
10. How many times have you been in love?
11. Share a memory from Kindergarten.
Remember, if you choose to play along, let me know so I can check out your answers!