Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sad


I remembered this Rolling Stone cover because I thought Michael Douglas looked particularly yummy but also because it was so sweet and helped sum up how fragile our world is, which is one of the points made by the movie the proud papa was promoting, The China Syndrome.

I was sad today to read this about that innocent bare-assed baby:

Michael Douglas’ son was sentenced today to five years in prison on drug charges. Cameron Douglas, 31, was arrested last July at Manhattan’s Gansevoort Hotel for possession of heroin and dealing both methamphetamine and cocaine. He pleaded guilty to those charges in January. In a letter written to the judge, the actor had asked for leniency for his son, stating, “I have some idea of the pressure of finding your own identity with a famous father. I’m not sure I can comprehend it with two generations to deal with.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.