Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Queen's Meme


The American Idol Meme. You be the judge!

1. Do you watch American Idol? Yes. It's appointment TV for me.

2. Who is your favorite judge? Simon. Because he's usually right.

3. Who is your favorite contestant this season and why? Lee DeWyze. Because he's got a nice bluesy note to his voice, he's good looking and he's from Chicagoland.

4. Who is your least favorite contestant this year and why? Of all the finalists, Andrew Garcia. He suffers from a charisma deficit. But since he's gone home, now my least favorite is Big Mike. There's something rather insincere about his histrionics.

5. Have you ever actually voted via text message? No.

6. Is there a part of the show you find really annoying? Those Up with People opening numbers. And the car commercials. Painful!

7. What is your overall opinion of the show this season? It's not my favorite season, but I'm enjoying it.

8. Do you like Simon Cowell as a judge? What do you think of his judging style? See #2.

9. Is Ellen DeGeneres qualified to be an American Idol singing judge? As qualified as Paula. Love and miss Paula, but she was no great shakes as a singer. I think what both she and Ellen bring is the empathy of someone who has performed onstage live.

10. If you could pick a song to sing on the show this week, what would your song choice be and why? This week is inspirational week, tied to Idol Gives Back. So I'd do "If I Could Dream," but nowhere near as well as Elvis did.

11. Who is your favorite all-time American Idol winner? If you like, post a video of their performance. My favorite is still Taylor Hicks, because he was my first. A girl never forgets her first, and the McPhee/Daughtry/Hicks season was when I got hooked on the show.

To play along, and keep yourself out of the dungeon, click here.
By the way, I included the photo of Queen Victoria
so we would all appreciate how lucky we are
to have Mimi as our monarch.

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:47 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Queen Vicky needed a manicure...and a whole lot more. (Sorry to the royal family)

    I love Lee too! He is my choice to win.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Gal-

    I've always liked a good meme and now I have started my own. We just started a new meme called "Wednesday Wickedness" and will post on Tuesday afternoons. We are up and posted now. Each week we pick a famous person and find 10 quotes. Then each question is based on the quotes! This week is George Clooney. Check us out at http://jjatww.blogspot.com.

    Thanks!
    Janera

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really liked Lee's version of Fireflies. Agree with you about Andrew Garcia. Glad that they take the car commercials out before it reaches the UK. Speaking of commercials, "If I Can Dream" has just turned up in a commercial over here, great song choice.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.