Friday, August 21, 2009

This isn't the year

Today the Cubs were sold to the Ricketts Family. I don't care, really, except that it's given me an opportunity to reflect on what they are buying ... and I think it's time for me to admit that my Boys in Blues aren't going to three-peat as the Division Champions. They may not even make the play offs.

If I make peace with that now, the next few weeks will be easier. From here on, even if I'm not watching a team in contention, I am enjoying healthy men in tight white pants playing an entertaining game under the sun (or lights). What's not to love about that?

Go, Cubs, Go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.