Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Thursday Thirteen #110 -- Why I Can't Afford that House by the Sea


THIRTEEN ADSENSE ADS THAT
HAVE RECENTLY
GRACED THIS BLOG

When I first began blogging, three years ago, I signed up for Adsense because I wanted the free counter you get in exchange for space on your blog. Not long thereafter I discovered Statcounter, which costs money but digs so much deeper than the Adsense counter did. So while I abandoned the Adsense counter, I never removed the ads. Just never thought of it.

Until I noticed the Monetize tab on Blogger Dashboard. I clicked to see what this old blog has earned me over these past three years.

$5.31
Why, that's more than $1.75/year!


I don't mean to sound snobby or anything, but that's never going to be enough to help my household budget. So I began monitoring the Adsense ads that appear on my site. Usually I understand the connection between their ad and my content, sometimes I don't. Here are 13 of the most recent. (I am going to keep my day job.)

1) Weight loss tips
2) Bruce Springsteen tickets
3) Watch the Cubs game from a Wrigley Field rooftop
4) Fun kids' haircuts
5) Empire Beauty School
6) Stella McCartney's clothes
7) Cubs tickets at MLB.com
8) Medshape Diet
9) First Rule of a Flat Stomach
10) Cleanse pounds away
11) End binge eating
12) Dr. Oz' cellulite cure
13) Stolen vehicle delivery


To participate yourself, or to look up
more TT participants,

visit the new hub (thursday-13.com).

9 comments:

  1. I used to get some weird ones too. Interesting how it does that. Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've noticed this AdSense and I'm getting more curious as time passes by. I'm also keeping my day job (yet). Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm, that's almost enough to buy a large latte LOL Fun list. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous5:54 AM

    That's like me and my amazon links to the books I write about. I've made a little more than that, but not enough for how obsessed I am with doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooooooooooooooooooohhh lovely :D

    HAPPY TT

    http://fart-in-a-jar.blogspot.com/2009/05/thursday-13-sides-of-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved your list!
    I'm with ya!
    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm ... I never activated Ad Sense and, reading this, probably never will. Thanks for sharing ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Five bucks, huh? I think you were smart to forget about it.

    btw, my stat counter is free. Did you upgrade for the super-duper one so you don't have to check it every few hours?

    That's my stat counter checking story. I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.