Wednesday, May 27, 2009

We have a plan!

My best friend is in town today through Friday AM, and we're having a late dinner tonight. I haven't seen him in nearly six months! Sure we've spoken and of course we have emailed, but this is the first time I've been in the same room with him since there was snow on the ground. And that is simply too long.

Since his birthday is in just a couple of weeks, I'm giving him his gifts in person. First, I was shocked to hear that he has never seen The Godfather from start to finish, and that's just sick and wrong. So I got him the DVD. Since he's such a foodie, I also got him this cookbook because it's by a chef he's mentioned and barbecue season is almost upon us. It also gives him the opportunity to cook a special Italian meal before settling down with the Corleones. (I love birthdays.)

2 comments:

  1. I know you are just so excited to be with your friend....
    Friends are the best...I think they are better then spouse...in some area's anyway LOL!!!
    Have a good time and enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sound like a great friend. But I'm not surprised...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.