Monday, May 11, 2009

Me & the Boss -- Together again!



I'm seeing BROOOOOOOCE tomorrow. That would be Tuesday, the 12th. It will technically be tomorrow because as I write this, it's nearly 1:00 AM Monday morning.

I'm belatedly excited about tomorrow night because I got the ticket back in February. I was so focused on getting in to The United Center, so pleased with my seat (ground floor, and I paid face value, thank you very much!), that I kinda forgot about the reality of enjoying the show.

Here's the setlist for his recent concert (University Park, PA). I must not get too excited about those fabulously cool encores because he's been known to switch those up. The E Street Band is, at heart, a bar band. While I love the idea of hearing "Bobby Jean" and "Devil with the Blue Dress" live again, I'd also love to hear "Rosalita," "Expressway to Your Heart" (yes, they're covering that 1960s classic), "Mustang Sally," and "Thunder Road"* close the show.

Badlands
Out In The Street
Outlaw Pete
She's The One
Working On A Dream
Seeds
Johnny 99
The Ghost Of Tom Joad
Raise Your Hand
Ramrod
My Generation
Spirit In The Night
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Promised Land
The Wrestler
This Life
Radio Nowhere
Lonesome Day
The Rising
Born To Run

Hard Times
Jungleland
Land Of Hope And Dreams
American Land
Bobby Jean
Detroit Medley
Wooly Bully

To those of you who aren't Bruce fans, and who feel that I've been speaking in tongues, I apologize. I'll be okay once I'm in possession of a tour shirt. (Preferably this one.) Then perhaps I can cease what one Chicago critic called "bovine Broooocing."

* To my mind, the most romantic song ever written. Maybe it's because I'm scared and I'm thinking that maybe I ain't that young anymore. "Show a little faith, there's magic in the night." Sigh. Brooooce. Double-sigh.

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy!! Can't wait to hear all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mustang Sally! We want the full report now....

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.