Friday, May 08, 2009

I hate it when this happens!

Had a rough day at work. Our client requested that we present our latest creative over the phone and on the web instead of in person -- they banned travel to and from their offices to help stem exposure to swine flu. We have never done it this way before, and it was impossible to tell if they liked the work or not.

This makes me nervous because lay-off rumors are swirling again. It would have been nice to be able to enthusiastically say to myself, "At least the client loves my work, so that might keep me safe." But right now I honestly can't.

I got home a little later than usual, watched Grey's Anatomy and then dozed off on the sofa.

DAMN!

I wanted to catch the end of the Cubs game (they beat Houston for the second night in a row!) and the late night repeat of Oprah's interview with Elizabeth Edwards. Missed them both.

What's worse, it's after 2:00 AM and now I'm wide awake!

GRRR!

2 comments:

  1. This is why blogging is one of God's greatest creations! You can write your heart out at 2am!

    :-) You are going for the all time "Fretty" award worrying about work again. *TRUST*

    How's the Mom, btw? Getting better each day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it a bit extreme to ban travel because of the flu? The CDC lowered the panic level days ago.

    I hope you get to catch the Oprah interview at some point in time, it was compelling.

    Rumors swirling again... sorry you're going through more of that.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.