Friday, May 08, 2009

My how time flies when you're antsy

So you don't like the word "antsy?" Of course you don't. No one seems all that crazy about anything I write this week. Choose your own synonym: Fidgety, nervous, discontented, uncomfortable, peevish. They all apply.

Our team is not working together as a team, and mistakes are being made. I don't know which came first -- the fractiousness or the fuck-ups. Since my creative concepts have been the ones that have been chosen lately, it's my projects that have endured the lion's share of problems. No one's mood is improved by the rumors of another round of lay offs.

Oh well, I'm having my customary Friday afternoon beer. That means the workweek is over and I can go home to watch the Cubs take on the Brewers. Sunday will be a big day, too, celebrating Mother's Day. It's more poignant and meaningful this year because of my mother's recent illness.

4 comments:

  1. I hate feeling all out of whack, hope the beer soothed it all enough to catch a breather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't drink much anymore..a beer or glass of wine now & then...it does help help the mood. ha ha
    Thank you for the kind comment on my blog. You enjoy your mom...I know she appreciates the attention you show her! I am so happy she is doing better...it gets very scary when they don't feel well. I am going thru that with my Dad...God love him, he is 83 and not happy with old age...who is?
    Have a great weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm feeling antsy myself. It's 2:00 am and I can't sleep. Cheers!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just wanted you to know I'm reading you.

    I hope you feel better today.


    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.