Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I'm IT!

Cuz Lulu tagged me!

“Your ship has sunk. You have, of course, been stranded on a deserted island. You have salvaged a copy of the King James Version of the Bible and a copy of the complete works of Shakespeare. Nothing else.

“The very next day you find one of those Arabian Lamps in the sand. Of course, you rub it and, of course, a rather grumpy Genie appears.

“‘Let’s get this straight - there is a recession going on. There are restrictions on the three wishes now. I don’t do water or air transport now so no boats, planes or magic carpets. As for electronics, forget it. There isn’t the infrastructure on this island.

“‘I can let you have one book and I mean one VOLUME, one essential item and one luxury item. Now hurry up and make your choices, I have to get to those five other islands you are going to nominate.’”

Book -- JFK: Reckless Youth by Nigel Hamilton. This warts-and-all study of Kennedy is my favorite book of all time because it reinforces a valuable life lesson: no matter how good a life looks from the outside, you have no idea how it feels from the inside. Also, I may need some survival tips from the chapter on PT-109.

Essential -- Wilson the Soccer Ball. He has experience in situations like this.

Luxury Item -- LOTION! Unlimited moisturizer formulated without fragrance but a high SPF. I'm not turning into a prune for anyone!

Let me know if you play along. (Lulu and) I will want to see how you did.

1 comment:

  1. I hope we are stranded together! I need to borrow your lotion and you can borrow my lounger!
    wilson was GREAt! haha
    thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.