Tuesday, December 09, 2008

It's official. It's sad. But it's time.

He grew up in Vegas and makes his home there today, so it just stands to reason that he'd make the announcement there, during the baseball winter meetings. The headlines read:

PITCHING GREAT MADDUX ANNOUNCES
RETIREMENT


FORMER BRAVE MADDUX RETIRES

NEXT STOP: COOPERSTOWN

Through 23 seasons, Greg Maddux won 355 games (more than any other living pitcher), 4 Cy Young Awards … and my heart.

I know he will go into the Hall of Fame as a Brave. Whatever. He will always be this Cub fan's favorite Cub.

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you when I saw this headline last night. :( How cool, though, that you got to be part of his run, though! It's a good memory, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.