Tuesday, December 09, 2008

My secret love's no secret any more

I was appalled by what I heard today about my governor, Rod Blagojevich, a man I contributed more than $400 to in 2002 and voted for twice. I was insulted by how cheaply he regarded Barack Obama's Senate seat ... and WRIGLEY FIELD! And yet … and yet …

I am so hot for Patrick Fitzgerald. He looked and sounded as though anger steeled his resolve to bring Blagojevich down. I love that he had the power to drag the Governor out of his home at 6:15 AM. And that he did it! Usually, when the alleged perp is high profile, he's given the opportunity to turn himself in. This morning, Patrick Fitzgerald gave the order to cuff Blagojevich and bring him as if he were a common street thug, not the Guv.

Patrick Fitzgerald, I love you. With the retirement of Greg Maddux, I need a new straight-arrow, geek-chic dream date, and I choose you.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:53 PM

    he is pretty darn cute...I live south of St Louis and was shocked...but not surprised. they are so stupid to think they won't get caught!
    Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, PF is a no-nonsense kind of guy. And no drama about it either. Does his job, stays out of the limelight. What's not to love? (And he ain't bad looking either!)

    Too bad he was impeded from bringing down Libby/Rove. Lots of juicy stuff to that whole story, I'm sure. (conspiracy theorist wonk here)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I come to your blog to get your take on your governor and what do I find????? You lusting after a public defender!!! What a mess you got going in your state, like I saw on the news tonight, you couldn't write a story like this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, Jenny. It's just that our last governor, the one currently in prison, was actually (indirectly) responsible for the death of six children, all from one family. George Ryan funded his gubernatorial campaign by selling trucking licenses to unqualified drivers. Before the 6 Willis children died, before 9/11 when it occurred to me he could have sold a Hazmat license to a terrorist who might blow up a tanker filled with oil on an expressway, I thought it was all just Springfield hijinks. Now George Ryan is the standard, and Blago doesn't even approach him. No one is dead, so I'm a little low on outrage.

    Which is not to say that it's not fascinating and sad that it appears I contributed money to, voted twice for, and was governed by a bipolar frigging lunatic for almost two terms.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This whole thing is a big 'ol mess, ain't it?! (speaking as an "outsider", I DO find much humor in Blago's actions...I mean, it's like a lead in to a joke ..."How stupid WAS he??~ He was Sooo stupid..."!)

    But yeah, Fitzpatrick is a no-nonsense cutie-pie! LoL

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.