Tuesday, December 09, 2008

This is just awful

Our governor was greeted this morning at 6:15 AM by FBI agents and taken into custody. He was released on his own recognizance and left the Federal Building by an underground ramp. Reportedly he's still wearing his running shoes, running pants and turtleneck.

According to the indictment, Rod Blagojevich tried to trade Barack Obama's Senate seat for favors and offered to have the State of Illinois buy the Cubs and Wrigley Field off the Tribune Company ... if they would fire their entire editorial board.

He's been under investigation for so long, I can't even remember when all the corruption talk started. But this is more blatant and awful that I'd imagined. I wish I could find it funny, but I don't. It's just sleazy and sad and I can't stop thinking about it.

Special Prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald said that right now, Abraham Lincoln must be spinning in his grave. I agree.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.