Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Tuesday Tunes #15

November 10th was the anniversary of the day The Edmund Fitzgerald went down during a storm on Lake Superior. So we're going to have a nautical theme meme, word association style:

Ocean: "Out on the ocean, sailing away. I can hardly wait to see you come of age." (Which, of course, he didn't because some bastard murdered him before Sean grew to adulthood.) "Beautiful Boy" by John Lennon.

River: "Ain't no river deep enough to keep me from you." You may call her, "Miss Ross." (I love divas!)

Sea: "I'd like to be under the sea in an Octopus' Garden." The Beatles

Sailor: "Sail on, Sailor." The Beach Boys

Ship: "There's a port on a western bay and it serves 100 ships a day." Brandy by Looking Glass

Wave: "Changing my life with the wave of her hand." Here, There and Everywhere by the Beatles*

Sand: "Along the sand, let's walk together now, just hand in hand." California Nights by Leslie Gore

Sail: "Till every fear you've ever felt bursts free and goes tumbling to the sea." Janey, Don't You Lose Heart by Bruce Springsteen

Navy: "In the Navy" by the Village People

Deep: "How Deep Is Your Love?" The Bee Gees*

*OK, so they aren't nautical. But they're the first lyrics that came to my mind.

To play along yourself, or to see how other bloggers responded, click here.

3 comments:

  1. Nice list. Liked the Beatles and Bee Gees... now I'll have "How deep is your love" stuck in my head all day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:35 PM

    Loved your list and YEAH for using Brandy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:48 PM

    Great choices.
    I did not even think of the Beatles.

    We had a Bee Gees.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.