Tuesday, October 28, 2008

I can't stop thinking about him


He is Julian King, the 7-year-old nephew of Jennifer Hudson. Look at the face of a little boy who endured unspeakable terror last Friday, seeing his grandmother and uncle shot right there in their home. Then he was shot twice in the head in the backseat of his uncle's stolen SUV.

Here's a link to a column by the SunTimes' Mary Mitchell. She sums up my feelings perfectly.

Rest in peace, little fella. I'm sorry that in life someone treated you so disrespectfully, but I believe that where you are now, you're safe and secure and content.

3 comments:

  1. What a tragedy. So sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I've been thinking about that poor boy all day too. I can only imagine how scared he must have been before they shot him.

    He was the same age as Book Boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sickens me that there are humans that are so desensitized to others. What genetic piece is missing that makes murder acceptable?

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.