Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen #81 -- "She said, she said"


13 WILD QUOTATIONS
FROM WILD WOMEN

Each year, for either my birthday or Christmas, my oldest friend gives me a page-a-day desk calendar filled with “Wild Words from Wild Women.” If one strikes my fancy, I tear it off, leave it on my desk for a while and, when I have collected 13, they magically become my TT!

1) “If you take too long in deciding what to do with your life, you’ll find you’ve done it.” Pamela Shaw

2) “A man’s got to do what a man’s got to do. A woman must do what he can’t.” Rhonda Hansome

3) “Love is or it ain’t. Thin love ain’t love at all.” Toni Morrison

4) “You don’t get ulcers from what you eat. You get them from what’s eating you.” Vicki Baum

5) “It is best to act with confidence, no matter how little right you have to it.” Lillian Hellman

6) “Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.” Marilyn Greist

7) “The way to a man’s heart may be through his stomach, but that’s only if you twist the blade and lift up.” Shelia Kay

8) “Character is what you know you are, not what others think you have.” Marva Collins

9) “Self pity in its early stages is as snug as a feather mattress. Only when it hardens does it become uncomfortable.” Maya Angelou

10) “She’s my best friend. She thinks I’m too thin, and I think she’s a natural blonde.” Carrie Snow

11) “My weight is always perfect for my height – which varies.” Nicole Hollander

12) “It takes 20 years of hard work to become an overnight sensation.” Diana Rankin

13) “A nymphomaniac is a woman as obsessed with sex as the average man.” Mignon McLaughlin

Leave your link in the comments and I'll add you here:

1) Baby Mama shares 13 facts about her pregnancy
2) Sandy invites us off to sea
3) Anthony North takes on conspiracy theories
4) Hootin' Ani shares her favorite commercials
5) Sue looks back on 1967
6) Claudia shares 13 fascinating weight loss tips
7) Nicole has done a bit of research on the Olympic ceremonies in Beijing
8) Mocha Mom concentrates on the tiny nation of Maldives
9) Nancy remembers her 13 favorite gifts
10) B Boys Mom focuses on the Olympics
11) Lori shares 13 very funny quotes
12) Jackie has an important decision to make
13) SJR's TT is just toooooo cute!
14) Poppingbubbles has collected 13 awful pickup lines
15) Shelia does her first Thursday Thirteen -- go welcome her!
16) Rasmenia shows us Monet's France
17) Toni raises some questions about blogging
18) Lisa finally finishes what she started so many weeks ago
19) Yasmin invites us along to the movies
20) It's Elaine's first TT -- stop by and say hi!
21) Jen gives us surfing destinations
22) Barbara highlights her favorite girls names
23) Popart Diva's TT is positively intoxicating
24) Small Reflections joins me in the art of musing
25) Chris takes us out for fine dining



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



27 comments:

  1. 1 and 5 are very true. 4 is funny

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 and 13 crack me up big time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great quotes. #7 was particularly cutting ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are super...I especially like #10

    Mine's posted. Hope to see you visit if you can. Have a super T-13 kinda day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous6:14 PM

    I love these! I think I'll have to borrow a couple :) Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous6:18 PM

    Wow - your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up - that brought tears to my eyes.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous6:39 PM

    Great quotes! I'm going to have to find this calendar.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL- great list, I am glad you did this one, it was fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello from a fellow Chicago suburbanite. Great quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very true words! Women rule. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen!! Lets hear it for the ladies in the house:) Happy TT my friend. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Of course we are THE best! Loved the list!

    Happy TT :)

    Come visit 13 reasons why I want to switch my cell phone provider.

    http://callmewhenyougetthere.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only recognize 3 of those names! Pathetic, I know.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://www.livescience.com/strangenews/080813-bigfoot-sighting.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous12:15 AM

    Great list! I had read some, but not all of the quotes before. I might borrow a couple.... Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anonymous1:03 AM

    #2 is my favorite. I like collecting quotes.

    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous3:46 AM

    Love, love, love this list - very cool!

    Have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love it!!! Hard to choose a fave!

    Toni

    http://www.itisnaptime.com

    13 things I don't understand about blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are great. I loved #13

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anonymous10:33 AM

    I am saving some of these. Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous11:47 AM

    Happy TT and number 8 is one of my favorite quotes.
    Fellow TT Participant

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous12:01 PM

    Those were great!! Thanks for the share and Happy TT!!

    http://armyfamilyok.wordpress.com/2008/08/14/thursday-13-pet-peeves/

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love the one about the way to a man's heart!! This is hilarious, thanks for the good laughs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. The last one slays me. HAHAHA

    Happy TT

    B @ The Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous2:07 PM

    I've got another one for you, one of my favorite quotes:

    "I still have everything I had 20 years ago - it's just lower now."
    - Gypsy Rose Lee

    My TT this week is links to the top 13 martinis with free recipe cards from my Martini Diva Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love those ‘quote’ calendars myself … and enjoyed the collection you shared today. Number 2 will have me chuckling for a while this afternoon.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anonymous3:14 PM

    I love #s 7, 11 and 13 specifically. But, I love wild women in general. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  27. Fun TT. My favorite is #11. I can identify. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.