Saturday, August 23, 2008

DAY 23 -- 08 August Happiness Challenge

My trip to Linens 'n' Things. My home needs a lot of work. The carpet needs replacing, the walls need painting, the bathroom is out of date, my bedroom ac is only making it through the summer thanks to prayer. All of this costs money, and I'm trying to be more fiscally responsible -- just in case the rumors are true and I find myself unemployed when the new year dawns.

All of this makes me kind of sad, too. I believe this place has potential and I'm looking forward to fixing it.

In the meantime, there are a lot of little things I can do to make it a bit more habitable. Today I stopped at Linens 'n' Things and took advantage of their store closing sale. I got two nice, soft throw pillows for the sofa, new shower curtain liners and a spray bottle of Scrub Buster, which I hope will help with the hard water stains in the bathroom sink.

It was a sensible use of my money, and the small improvements I've been able to make cheered me up. I'm only sorry for the people who work at Linens 'n' Things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.