Saturday, May 31, 2008

Well, that was sure humbling

As I left the matinee of Sex and the City I slipped into yesterday -- taking advantage of the first Friday afternoon off that my agency gives us each summer -- I was feeling very positive about my life.

Yeah, I'm fat. And no, I can't spend money redecorating my home (no matter how much it needs it) while my job appears precarious.

But I was productive this week, getting what I'm confident will be well-received work done for my client. Went to the theater and saw a silly but delightfully dirty musical, Avenue Q. Before the show, we dined at a popular theater district menu and enjoyed a delicious meal off the prix fixe menu (I had steak diane, a martini and a sinful chocolate confection for dessert). The next night, I went to the movies and thoroughly enjoyed beer and a pork sandwich for less than $15 (with tip). I thought about the yin and yang of entertainment and dining available to me in Chicago, and how lucky I am to have friends to enjoy it all with.

Then at about 2:00 AM this morning … and that heavy meat and booze caught up with me because … well, let's just say my overnight hours were unpleasant. As if that wasn't uncool enough, as I was looking for Immodium AD in my medicine chest, I came upon a forlorn, unopened box of condoms that were (sniffle, snob) PAST THE EXPIRATION DATE!

Yes, I feel very sexy this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.