Saturday, May 31, 2008

Go, Cubs, Go!


"Hey, Chicago, what do you say? Cubs are gonna win today!"

And, while we're within the Friendly Confines of Wrigley Field, we do. We win in routs, we win in extra-inning squeakers, and yesterday, we came from behind to win. At one point my Boys in Blue were down 9-1, and yet, how does that final box score read?

CUBS WIN 10-9!


Too make it even more fabulously cool, among the hitting heroes were Edmonds, Blanco and Hoffpauir (who?). As Lou told it, ''What can I say? We took a few guys out to rest, and the replacements kept battling. I got excited on the bench … it was the loudest I've heard this place. It was almost deafening. It was our day.''

"Our day?" Hell, Lou! Why can't it be OUR YEAR?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:18 PM

    Good evening - Snowbird, here. Yes, that is a Florida Gator shirt that BB has on in the car seat pictures - purchased by his loving Mimi the first year we were down there. I'm afraid that in the past three winters, I have turned into a real Gator fan. I had to pay the kid a dollar so that he would wear the shirt on "casual day" at school one Friday. I think the money goes for the 8th. grade class trip - but, I really wanted him to wear that shirt!

    GO CUBS GO !!!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.