Friday, May 30, 2008

Loved it, loved it, LOVED IT!


Sex and the City, of course. At more than 2 hours, it's a little long … and Stanford was given so little to do it was almost distracting to have him in the movie at all. But I love these characters and their stories so, it was great to see them again and in new situations.

The movie completely understands its own appeal. It's a celebration of romance and friendship. The romance of city life … the romance of self-actualization and an idealistic belief in life's possibilities … the romance of, well, love and finding The One. While my friends and I will never be as wealthy, nor as well-dressed, nor as well-laid as this quartet, we will always be there for one another. That friendship can motivate us to be better, kinder and more forgiving is a true and powerful idea, and one we don't see onscreen very often.

3 comments:

  1. Gawd, I can't wait to see this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:34 AM

    Okay, this has nothing to do with the movie, BUT!!! DID. YOU. SEE. THAT. GAME. YESTERDAY??? Were you there? Talk about the "come back kids" - what a game!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:37 PM

    anonymous is Snowbird - why is it sometimes I can get it to say Snowbird, but most times I can't. Must have something to do with "old dog, new tricks"!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.