Tuesday, May 13, 2008

My Mom Is Home!

She was released from the hospital and on her way home, she picked up many bottles of prescription meds. Now seated comfortably on her sofa, she's surrounded by her cats, Lucy and Ethel, and is going through her 19 phone messages. She is very happy, and so am I.

Her WBC is not as low as her physicians would like, but it is lower. The smart money is on some low-grade yet tenacious bronchial infection, but no one is ready to commit 100% to that diagnosis. After running 3 days of tests, her team of doctors (infectious diseases, gastro intestinal, pulmonary and internal medicine) agree that this is a mystery that may never be solved definitively, and she just has to take better care of herself from here on.

She promises she will. I'm holding her to that.

6 comments:

  1. Tell her to get better and tell those cats to make some tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news! I'm happy for her and YOU!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad for the both of you!! She'll probably sleep a whole lot better wrapped up in her cats in her own bed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I'm glad that she's home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:18 PM

    I'm glad to know that your mother is home. I'm happy for both of you. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the kind thoughts! Isn't the blogosphere a nice place ...

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.