Saturday, April 05, 2008

Shame on me!

I let economizing and PMS get the best of me! Yesterday for lunch, instead of working out, I went to Border's because I had a soon-to-expire coupon for 25% off and I NEEDED new headphones. (No, really. Without my iPod I am simply not myself!)

To make it worse, I also bought a chocolate bunny wrapped in gold foil and wearing a little red ribbon. This year, at Easter, my mom gave me little Tootsie Rolls and jelly beans. It was fine, but I missed having a chocolate bunny. It was on sale. I'm PMS-ing. And who knew Border's had chocolate?

To make it even worse, I stopped at McDonald's for lunch on the way back. PMS protein cravings took over. I chose a QP with cheese because it's fewer calories than a Big Mac. Somehow that made me feel virtuous.

At 3:30, our office had a party to celebrate the start of baseball season. I knew the beer cart would be there (a major beer company is one of our clients) and that Cub and White Sox cookies would be provided so we could declare our team affiliation. I passed on the beer and cookies but instead grabbed what I didn't expect -- a hotdog and a bag of peanuts. I figured: free dinner. Again, I'm taking my resolution to economize seriously.

But what I did yesterday was UNwise and UNhealthy. Bad for my skin. Bad for my heart. Bad for incredily big thighs and round, round tummy. Bad for my self esteem.

Move more, Gal. Eat better, Gal. Drink more WATER, Gal. I realize it's as important as saving money.

5 comments:

  1. I knew that Borders has chocolate. :) I've purchased various types there many times. The Lindor Balls at the registers are yummy -- BB never lets me leave Borders without buying at least a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:23 PM

    A quick survey of three bookworms proves that 100% of bookworms are chocolate addicts. This survey is unscientific and required no actual questions. Bookworms are me, my mom and my best friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:23 PM

    A quick survey of three bookworms proves that 100% of bookworms are chocolate addicts. This survey is unscientific and required no actual questions. Bookworms are me, my mom and my best friend :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, for some reason, this post made me quite hungry. hehehehe ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want chocolate and McD :D

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.