Saturday, April 05, 2008

Now THIS is why God made Saturdays!

It's sunny and in the low-to-mid 60ºs! I celebrated by walking my 10,000 steps through the park and along the side streets to and from the cheapie pet store (where Friskies are only 38¢/can!). Most gloriously of all, I had Pat and Ron in my headphones. So I exercised AND economized. I am happy.

I love my Cubs broadcast team. Especially on a day like today, when the Cubs come from behind to win! Unflappable Pat reports the play-by-play and Ronnie (Cubs great Ron Santo) provides the heart, and the insights of someone who played All Star-caliber third base in Wrigley Field.

The games on TV are enjoyable for sure. But there is nothing like wandering around town on a bright sunny day with Pat and Ron company. All the better when DLee goes 4-for-4 and Kerry Wood gets the save.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for you and your Cubs! My Indians won too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seems like a great sunday!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.