Friday, April 11, 2008

Now it seems slightly scary



The ivy covered outfield of beautiful Wrigley Field is famous. But now I wonder, is it dangerous, too?

Last night I saw the movie The Ruins, in which the evil force is neither man nor beast but hungry killer vines. I shall now be a little frightened every time our phenomenal new right fielder Kosuke Fukodome chases one to the wall. And, for the love of God, Kosuke, OBSERVE THE GROUND RULE DOUBLE REG! Do not put your hand into the plants to retrieve a ball under any circumstances. Really. You could find yourself giving up more than a run!

3 comments:

  1. yikes! killer vines, huh? i'll have to warn my daughter! :-)

    ryn: thanks for the suggestion! i'll take a closer look around the site!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't go to horror movies or even watch them at home...my boyfriend doesn't watch horror movies and I can't watch them alone. Next time you go to one...please call me, I'll go with you!

    It feels like a century since Wrigleyfeild had vines on them...


    I'll be in Chicago next week or so....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stopping by to say hello!!! I'm reading the posts I've missed

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.