Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Golden Goodie Blast from the Past

A former client contacted me yesterday. He was Mr. Important at a west coast company I worked with back in 2000-2002. His company chose to quit working with the agency I was with … I switched agencies … There was really no need for us stay in contact so we drifted apart.

He happened to come upon my name on a phone list (long story) and shot me an email, referencing my position at my current agency and mentioning how much he enjoyed working with me. How nice! His son is looking at colleges in the Chicago area and he promised to call me next time he's in town … maybe we could go to a Cub game.

I don't think that will ever happen, but it isn't the point. It made me so happy that a Mr. Important would remember little old me after more than 5 years. And he even remembered that I'm a Cub fan! Just yesterday I wrote that we should tell those who are important to us. I guess this is proof, huh?

Things are tenuous at work and on top of it, I took today off. (I had a migraine this morning at about 4:00 AM that felt like it split my head in half.) But this cheers me up. Knowing there are Mr. Importants out there who believe I'm good at my job gives me faith that I'll find work again if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.