Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I miss him

My best friend, I mean.

There are a dozen pissy little things bothering me today. None are huge, all are probably PMS exacerbated.* I have a project to do that just doesn't excite me … I made a hole in the wall under my sink and if I wasn't stuck at the office (not working on a project because it doesn't excite me), I could be repairing it … I can't voice any of my professional ennui because MORE coworkers were laid off today … It's tiring to pretend I care when I have never even met them … I didn't work out at lunch today and feel especially fat and lazy …

And I just know if he was here, it would all somehow be better. I think I'll write him an email that says that. Those who are important to us deserve to know it, don't they?

*I'm 50, dammit! When can I put periods and being a hormone hostage behind me?

2 comments:

  1. Oh, bad days, PMS and ennui... I guess they're all signs that life moves forward whether we want it to or not. Sorry about the hole. How did you manage to do that?

    And about this..."I'm 50, dammit! When can I put periods and being a hormone hostage behind me?" When I can... you can! I've been thinking the same thing lately. Enough is more than enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((((((hugs)))))))

    Mr.Cat and I are sending you sunshine and hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.