Friday, February 22, 2008

I Still Miss Him (& His Blue Eyes)





- Hank Williams Jr. Lyrics

I loved the end of tonight's Democratic Debate, when Hillary Clinton went all sentimental and classy and talked about how proud she was to be on the stage with Barack Obama. But something bothered me. She stole a part of it from Ol' Blue Eyes, the genuine liberal in this race, the one I still miss. Here, as it appeared in AmericaBlog, who also caught it.

Clinton Tonight: "You know, whatever happens, we're going to be fine. You know, we have strong support from our families and our friends. I just hope that we'll be able to say the same thing about the American people. And that's what this election should be about." - Democratic Debate, 2/21/07

John Edwards: "What's not at stake are any of us. All of us are going to be just fine no matter what happens in this election. But what's at stake is whether America is going to be fine." - Democratic Debate, 12/13/07

John Edwards: "I want to say this to everyone: with Elizabeth, with my family, with my friends, with all of you and all of your support, this son of a millworker's gonna be just fine. Our job now is to make certain that America will be fine." -- Edwards Speech, 1/30/08

Did Edwards view this as an homage? Or was he balling up blue socks (that match those blue eyes) and tossing them at the set?


2 comments:

  1. And to think that Obama is supposed to be the Great Plagirizer of 2008.

    I, too, miss Johnny Blue Eyes. And I really miss his wife, whom I adore beyond words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty sure there was a Clinton homage from Blue Eyes, filled with Carolina Curses

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.