Friday, February 22, 2008

I guess this is why they call it "work"

Had lunch at my desk again today, waiting for client feedback to arrive. Our account executive seems to have promised the client a same-day turnaround. The thing of it is, it's after 1:00 and we still haven't even SEEN the revisions, much less begun to incorporate them.

So I'm sitting here, chained to my desk, worrying. Getting more anxious by the moment. Experience has taught me that one of these things will happen:

1) Client changes will come in any minute now and they will be minimal. (Example: "Our lawyers request that you put the period under the ®.")

2) Changes will come in any minute now and they will be major, requiring a redesign and a rewrite and I'll be here till 7:15 this evening. (Annoying since I've had virtually nothing to do all day.)

3) Changes will come in at 4:15 and will be major, meaning I'll either have to cancel my hair appointment and come in tomorrow or our account executive will have to tell the client that they will have to wait until end of day Monday.

In the meantime, I just sit here, all nervous. Anxious. Fidgety. Antsy. Impatient. Concerned. Agitated. (Can you tell I'm a writer, and a self-involved one at that?)

THIS JUST IN! UPDATE! UPDATE!
The changes arrived and they are all from the client's legal department, which brings us closest to #1. Phew!

1 comment:

  1. Glad the changes arrived so you won't miss your hair appointment...


    Clients always do this..They always have a little change to make...

    Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.