Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Heads & Tails #8


Today's theme is "vote." Election Day and the act of voting make me feel more patriotic, more connected to my fellow citizens, than any other day on the calendar. Unfortunately, today in the Chicagoland area there aren't any races for me to vote on! So instead I'll share quotes about the system I hold so dear …

“People often say that, in a democracy, decisions are made by a majority of the people. Of course, that is not true. Decisions are made by a majority of those who make themselves heard and who vote - a very different thing.” Walter H. Judd

“A vote is like a rifle; its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.” Theodore Roosevelt

“Bad politicians are sent to Washington by good people who don't vote.” William E. Simon

“Fifty percent of people won't vote, and fifty percent don't read newspapers. I hope it's the same fifty percent." Gore Vidal

For more about Heads or Tails, visit Mememistress Skittles.

3 comments:

  1. Awesome quotes! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. outstanding quotations. Fresh and unknown to me until now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So... hmmm, trying to think why I don't "play" this one... perhaps I should get on it.

    :-D

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.