Sunday, September 02, 2007

Isn't this gorgeous?

Just look at that D. Lee swing!

Today's game didn't start out very well. At one point it was 5-1 Houston. But with Sweet Lou at the helm, no game is over until we say it's over! A two-run 6th, another run in the 7th, and oh that Derek Lee two-out, two-run homer in the 8th! As Lou just said, "It's fun to win baseball games this way."

I listened to most of the game on the radio, and that reminds me how much I love Cubs great/WGN color commentator Ron Santo. One of the joys of lasting into the post-season is knowing I can listen to Ronnie deeper into the fall, and hear more of his patented permutations of "Gee." "Oh, geez!" "Geez Louise." "Geez, no!" "Aw … geeeeeeez …"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.