Sunday, September 02, 2007

Is my secret safe with you?


It's not fashionable for a cynical, potty-mouthed Gal like me to admit, but I completely LOVE Julie Andrews. She's pretty, she's clever, she's energetic (just ask the nuns who tried to solve a problem like Maria), she has those incomparable pipes and she's so very, very good. I finished the heinous project I brought home from work and did yet another load of laundry. Now I'm going to reward myself by just sitting here, watching the Sound of Music and admiring how Julie manages to personify all that is good in the world. But please don't tell anyone how desperately corny I can be.

6 comments:

  1. I would never call it corny. She's Julie Andrews for cryin out loud.

    I am mesmerized by her performance in both S.O.M. and Mary Poppins.

    I just love Julie Andrews.

    Hope you enjoyed your treat!
    ~Allison

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:43 PM

    She's one of my very favorites too! And it's NOT corny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I'm corny then too, eh? ;)

    It's not corny at all - I love her in The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins! Her accent is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:24 AM

    BookMama's Mama here - Guess there are more "corny" people in the world than you thought, huh? I've probably watched SOM twice a year since it came out -- and that's not counting "partial" viewings!! It's nice to know that some things still hold their charm.

    GO CUBS !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sound of Music, one of my FAVORITE CHEESY MOVIES EVER

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love musicals, and this is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.