Tuesday, August 07, 2007

August Happiness -- Tuesday 7

This one was rough, because today has been rather sucky. (I'm tempted to provide a litany of all that sucked, but that kinda defeats the point of this challenge, doesn't it?) But here's something today that made me happy …

My CVS Giftcard. I got it for switching a prescription, and it really came in handy today. For some reason I'm broke this pay period, and I'm really trying to stay within my budget. And, as luck would have it, this week is the only week that our office building is collecting school supplies. I love donating school supplies because I believe it takes a village to raise a child and that the children are our future … I truly believe all those sentimental phrases are absolutely true. So it made me happy to use my CVS card to pay for crayons, pens and a composition book. (I only got one because, while the public school requested them, they're really ugly and crayons are so much more fun.)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:52 PM

    I love my workplace's school supply drive too! I buy SO many $.20 packs of Crayola crayons and glue sticks. I swear I could keep "our" entire school in crayons for a year at that price! (I kept the glue sticks back, though, which was great because BB's class was almost out and the kids had to share this spring - so in went my 25 $.10 glue sticks~)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.