Tuesday, August 14, 2007

August Happiness -- Tuesday 14

PUPPY! My downstairs neighbors have an enormous yellow lab named Jaffa. Whenever we meet, I rub his head and coo "puppy" to him while he sniffs my purse, my laptop case, etc. I had come to feel that, in our relationship, I was actually peripheral, simply a vehicle for feline smells from upstairs or exotic city smells from the el. This morning, I was leaving for work as Jaffa and his owner were returning from their morning walk. From a full block away, he recognized me and pulled at the leash! There's nothing like being greeted a dog who knows you and is happy to see you. It was a lovely way to start my day.

4 comments:

  1. I've always had dogs...and I love coming home and having them rush to greet me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My lab had 3 people outside of our immediate family that she recognized and went nuts over. Sounds like the pup knows and loves you.

    Cats are okay, but dogs just have so much love to give!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I'm green with envy. Talk about puppy love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dogs are simply the best. Where else can we get such unconditional love? :)

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.