Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Goodbye and Good Riddance, Turd Blossom

"Turd Blossom" is GWB's nickname for his good friend and close adviser, Karl Rove. (Apparently "Turd Blossom" is Texan for a lotus that grows in the mud.) Until his resignation and the accompanying sea of ink, I had no idea that's what our Commander in Chief called him. I also had no idea of his illustrious Chicago connection. From today's Tribune:

"As a 19-year-old working in Illinois, Rove used an assumed name to gain access to the headquarters of Democratic state treasurer candidate Alan Dixon. He made off with campaign stationery, which he used to print 1,000 fliers promising 'free beer, free food, girls and a good time for nothing' at Dixon's Chicago office. The fliers were given to homeless people on Lower Wacker Drive. Years later, Rove expressed regret for the 'youthful prank.'" Ah, the enthusiasm and boisterous nature of youth! Only a curmudgeon wouldn't see the humor in a joke at the expense of the unfortunates who live in cardboard boxes on Lower Wacker.

Turd Blossom continued down this regrettable path, though. In 1986 there was a bugging incident. In 1992, Bush 41 fired Rove for alleged leaks. Then, of course, there's the leaking and the dirty tricks and the illegal firings that Turd Blossom (allegedly) committed on behalf of this President.

Karl Rove is the best example I can think of for why politics must become more secular. As I look over his sorry resume, it makes my blood boil that this lowest-common-denominator manipulator felt comfortable telling me that my positions on security, reproductive rights and gay marriage are either not "Christian" or not "patriotic."

I don't care if Congress "gets" him. I really don't. I just hope that, for the good of the country he served so poorly, he disappears from the public eye.

2 comments:

  1. he has screwed us all already, now that he is off in texas he can screw the next front runner from there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:59 PM

    I wonder what the real reason for his resignation is. "To spend more time with his family"? I don't think so.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.