Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Together again!

Michael Barrett, my beloved's Cubs battery mate, has been traded to the Padres. Which means Barrett and Maddux will be together again.

I'm sorry to see Barrett go, but I understand the reasoning. After the unfortunate dugout/lockerroom fight with Zambrano, either Barrett or Zambrano had to be traded … fast. Zambrano is worth more and comes with a bigger price tag, and it's possible no team offered us enough to give up our (gulp!) best pitcher.

And if Barrett had to go, I'm glad he's reunited with my beloved future Hall of Famer. "Reunited and it feels so good ..."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.