Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen 21 -- You can only LOVE one each


Thirteen Either/Ors that
THE GAL HERSELF
has definite feelings about


In Pulp Fiction, Mia (Uma Thurman) opines that when it comes to Elvis and the Beatles, you can like them both, but the odds are that you only LOVE one of them. When last week, Mo asked if my iPod playlist included Dean Martin in addition to Sinatra, I realized that was a similar situation. You can like them both, but you can only LOVE one of them. And so here's where I come down on 13 important “either/or’s.”

1…. Beatles or Elvis?
I respect the King, but I LOVE the Lads.

2. Frank Sinatra or Dean Martin?
It’s Frank’s world. Still.

3. Katharine Hepburn or Audrey Hepburn?
The Great Kate

4. Chicago Cubs or White Sox?
Let’s see … I have no visible tattoos and don’t drink beer at breakfast. That obviously makes me a Cub fan.

5. Thin crust or deep dish?
Thin crust

6. Cats or dogs?
Dogs make fine pets, but I simply must cohabit with at least one cat at all times

7. Turkey or ham?
If it’s not turkey, it’s not a holiday meal

8. Coke or Pepsi?
Coke

9. City or country?
City

10. Angelina or Jen?
I’m strictly Team Aniston.

11. Today or GMA?
Today

12. Sandals or flip-flops?
Sandals

13. Mac or PC?
Mac

Extras: My male friends assure me that no list like this is complete without ...

Ginger or Mary Ann?
Boxers or briefs?
Beil or Alba?




Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. Gabriella takes us on a tour of US sites she's like to see
2. MommyBa takes us all around the world on her fantasy trip
3. Impworks invites us to look at both his TT AND his landmark 500th post
4. Pussreboots has a romantic, rosey TT
5. Visit the characters of Trevor's Song by visiting Susan's TT
6. Joan shares inspirational lyrics on her TT
7. L^2 has a Google-inspired TT
8. Andrea shares her most watched (& rewatched) movies
9. Jenny's TT is the Songs of Her Life
10. Vader's Mom reflects on her paths not taken
11. Nancy's timely TT is about the Sumer Solstice
12. Titania's TT is about movies so funny they can cure whatever ails you
13. Courtney's TT tells us how surfers found her blog
14. Young Mommy's TT keeps kids cool
15. Tinkerbell's TT fills us in on Litha
16. Nancy shares her yummy cookout menu
17. Mo, who inspired my TT, has a musical one of her own
18. Miss Frou Frou gives the Southern Hemisphere equal time with a TT about the Winter Solstice
19. Gattina compares and contrasts childhood and adultshood
20. Mammalee invites us into her home with her TT
21. Nicki's TT is her vacation planner
22. Cindy's TT are the top movies according to the AFI
23. Bernie's TT is seaworthy
24. Qtpies lets us know why she needs a job


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



33 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:47 PM

    Great list. Definite thumbs up on the Beatles. Never could get into Elvis all that much though I like some of his stuff. And I'm a huge Katherine Hepburn fan too. ;-)

    Poor Dean Martin. I tend to pair him up with Jerry Lewis and he loses in that match as well. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:00 PM

    Great list!!! I enjoyed reading your choices.

    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Beatles
    2. Don't care
    3. Katharine Hepburn - Because of The African Queen
    4. Nottingham Forest
    5. Deep Dish
    6. Cats - but only because a dog bit me once and even though I'm not a cat person cats seem to think I should be
    7. Roast Pork (its a family thing)
    8. Pepsi
    9. City
    10. Don't care
    11. The Guardian
    12. Shoes
    13. PC

    and as to boxers or briefs... depends on the weather and if I have to make a long journey which is probably too much information but you did bring the question up ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to go with impworks on Katharine Hepburn. The African Queen is a great film. I also adore her in The Philadelphia Story!

    Happy TT. This week I've posted roses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I actually have no opinion about a lot of those (particularly the music ones). Interesting; that's not like me.

    Happy TT anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! I'll have to give some serious consideration to these weighty choices. My TT is posted

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for weighing in (even by not weighing in, SHG). But Impworks, you are too funny! It's A or B, either/or, and you answered with none of the above or something completely inappropriate (when will Nottingham Forest play in Wrigley Field)? You're quite the rebel, aren't you? I bet you made your teachers crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha... great TT idea! I agree with you on them all except #6 - I'm a dog person (more allergic to cats) - and #9 (I don't drink any pop). :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:05 PM

    I love the Cubs too (I lean more toward Team Jolie, though...)!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogging or Ghost Hunters- gotta go with blogging...LOL like this idea and may copy it.

    So you didn't answer the really important one..Ginger or MaryAnne

    Coke rules and Cats reign ( or at least they like to think so)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous8:19 PM

    What a fun list! But, I'm a flip-flop girl myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy T13. That was a great list. I live with a very devoted Cubs fan. He's a native. As a matter of fact he is watching the game right now Cubs against the Texas Rangers. I hear cursing every now and then. You know how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That's absolutely blasphemous to even like both the Cubs and the White Sox. And how can you be a Cubs fan and prefer thin crust pizza? OY! :) Just joshin'!

    And I am so with you on Team Aniston!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous10:41 PM

    What a great list... I'm definitely with you on Team Aniston and it's gotta be Coke, hands down!!

    Happy TT'ing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm with you on the Beatles, Mac, thin crust, and Aniston. But I am for Dean Martin, Pepsi - and love both city and country, sandals and flipflops, had to have turkey and ham;the rest, no love. Fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1. Elvis
    2. both, but Dean if I have to choose
    3. both
    4. don't know them
    5. both
    6.cats, but I love dogs too
    7. turkey
    8. coke
    9. both
    10. Angelina
    11. today
    12. sandals
    13. PC
    Thanks for visiting my Litha TT!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous6:07 AM

    That was fun!

    I am more Elvis than Beatles.
    Frank
    Kate
    Bball?
    THIN
    Cats
    Turkey
    Water
    Country
    Brad
    Today
    Sandals
    PC: Have never had a mac


    HAPPY T13!

    ReplyDelete
  18. LoL!! Great fun!

    While I can only accede 5 (#'s 3,4,7,8 & 12) of your answers, I adore you anyway (heheh)

    The premise is oh-so-true, tho; you can like them both, but can only love one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a great idea: - agree with your number 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous8:39 AM

    Hey, sweety thanks for coming by the blog.

    Just want you to know I LOVE Chicaaago. Beautiful city. Been to many of those places you mentioned. only think=g I didn't do was swim in the lake/sea/ocean (man, that is one huge lake)

    Nothing like a stroll alongside Lake Michigan or the shopping strip:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love dogs, but I share my life with 5 cats ! I like their independence !

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anonymous9:50 AM

    That's a great list!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cool post... but I'm gonna GET you for that comment about the Sox! ;)
    I'm Mr. Pale Hose's daughter! (http://mrpalehose.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey...I agree with you on a lot of these! Especially Coke and the Cubs. :)

    Great idea for a TT.

    My TT is up; stop by when you get a moment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Interestingly I love both Vegas and Disneyworld, sin city and the land of innocence.

    I linked to your TT13 from mine: TT 13 Fishing Questions for Non-Fishermen

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great list! I'm an Anniston fan, too. Lost ALL respect for Angelina and Pitt.
    Coke, but make it a Diet!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great choices !

    Me, today, my TT is about Elvis... ;-)

    Happy TT !!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a clever list. I'd never thought about it. My grandmother loved her Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anonymous7:49 PM

    Great list. It's boxers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anonymous8:21 PM

    I'm funny with the pop - I strongly prefer Diet Coke to Diet Pepsi, but strongly prefer Pepsi to Coke. (Usually stick with Diet Coke because of the whole no-calorie thing).

    My TT is up too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Anonymous8:39 AM

    I have no opinion on the first four of these...but I'll take the remake of Ocean's 11 over the original any day. (That's as close as I can get to referencing the Rat Pack.)

    Cats, though. Definitely cats. :D

    Coke. Pepsi is just too sweet. (Actually, stacking the lines against each other, I'll go for the Coke product every time. Except 7-Up/Sierra Mist. 7-Up has no taste whatsoever.)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Anonymous11:02 PM

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Special aside to Nicholas: At this blog, human beings are referred to with pronouns that reflect respect. "Don't know WHAT they are" (caps courtesy of The Gal Herself) is not acceptable here. That took your pretentious response to my playful either/or proposition out of the realm of waste-of-my-time and into offensive. In The Gal Herself's world, acting that way doesn't make you appear superior. It makes you disappear, as in deleted.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.