Friday, April 27, 2007

I'm not in love. But I am hopeful.

Last night was like my first date … with the Democratic candidates. And I had a good time. I'm open to seeing some of them again.

It's not like 2004. I have admired John Kerry since he was a 27 year old war hero, eloquently addressing Congress. The death penalty, a woman's right to choose, veteran's rights, the environment … every issue I care about, he championed throughout his life. I was thrilled to sign up and volunteer for his campaign. I was relentless in raising money. I completely believed that, at that moment in time, he was the perfect statesman to lead us out of the mess we were in. I still believe that. And his loss broke my heart.

But last night, there was no one who captured my imagination and loyalty. Yet. Obama is a wonderful speaker, but, um, he was a bit cavalier in discussing his relationship with Tony Rezko. Living in Chicagoland, I know Rezko was his neighbor as well as a major contributor. So his glibness disturbed me.

So now that leaves me with Hillary, Edwards and Richardson.

Come on, candidates! Woo me! I want to enthusiastically support one of you. For as I look at the world, I believe you three are our best hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.