Monday, February 19, 2007

Why I Dig Greg Maddux


My beloved, future Hall of Famer Padre #30, Greg Maddux, was interviewed by the San Diego press. When asked where he keeps the amazing 14 Gold Glove awards he has amassed, he said they were in his "dig me room."

Of course I wish he was still #31 and pitching in Wrigley Field. But I'm just grateful he's still pitching at all. I don't want to consider what a season without him would feel like. Not only is he funny, controlled, dedicated and simply one of the best there ever was, he's also one of the few players I can lust after without feeling like Mary Kay LeTourneau.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.