Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy President's Day
















I am celebrating President's Day in highly meaningful ways.

Went to AMERICAN Mattress to buy a new Serta. What could be more patriotic? While on sale, it was still more than I had hoped to spend. But I'm not young anymore, and my old back will feel better once this new mattress is delivered.

Went to the bank and bought $10 in quarters so I can do load after load after f-ing load of laundry. Oh joy, oh rapture! Bet you don't think I can tie this back to President's Day. Well, I bet you're wrong. Let's just say I did this in honor of Abigail Adams, who hung the President's wash in the East Room.

And now I am waiting for Peapod to delivery groceries. And having been a school girl in Illinois, The Land of Lincoln, I knew that Abe had once been a grocer. Hah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.