Wednesday, November 01, 2006

I want resolution ... NOW!

Future Hall of Famer (and one of my perennial great loves) Greg Maddux filed for free agency. WHAT DOES IT MEAN?

Option 1:
He's not sure if he will be back in 2007, and hopes that seeing what his talents are worth on the open market will help him decide.

Option 2: His agent is already talking to the Dodgers and this is a bargaining ploy.

Option 3: Talks have broken down/broken off with the Dodgers and he's shopping for a new team.

Option 4:
He's telegraphing to the Cubs that he wishes to return to me ... er, um, I mean CHICAGO.

I can somehow cope with any scenario that doesn't include his retirement. (I'm simply not ready to let him go yet.) I just wish this chapter would come to a close quickly. Under the best circumstances, immediate gratification takes too long for me. Waiting around for this to work out will be TORTURE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.