Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Another word on Adsense

This post is devoted to that little square in the upper right. The good people at Google claim that these ads are somehow tied to the content of my blog. This way, if you were interested in something I have written recently, you will naturally click on the ad. (And I, in turn, will make tons of money. Right now I believe my Adsense fortune hovers between $1 and $2.)

This seems like a mutually advantageous plan. I get a free counter and guaranteed revenue (I believe I will use my earnings in the laundry machines downstairs -- 75¢ per wash or dry).

But where the system falls apart for me is in the choice of ads. Last time I checked, my Adsense square was promoting pepper spray. I honestly cannot recall ever mentioning pepper spray or self defense in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.