Thursday, March 28, 2024

Three Nice Things about Me -- Day 27

My blogging buddy, Kwizgiver, wrote a post that really resonated with meShe detailed how self-care helped her helped her prevail during a (ridiculously) tough month. Her tips were very wise and so doable! So she has inspired me to take one and integrate it into my own life.

Since I can be a pretty harsh self-critic, this is the one I chose. I hope I can do this every day during March. By then it should be a habit, right?

Three nice things about myself -- March 27:

1) I treated myself. At the end of each weekend, I put any leftover cash in a beer stein on my counter. Tonight, when I had dinner with Kathleen, I ordered a chocolate martini and we split a dessert, and I was able to pay with cash from stein. I like myself for working on that age-old retirement dilemma: how to enjoy today without jeopardizing tomorrow.

2) I changed up my makeup. I switched from foundation to BB cream nearly a decade ago. I haven't made any significant changes to my regime in years. I've seen ads for Jones Road and decided to give Miracle Balm a try. The look is subtle but a little brighter. Anyway, I like that I can see myself with new eyes and freshen my look.

3) I feel the love flow. Roy Hobbs was pressed up against me when I began this post. Connie Cat took his place and settled in for a tummy rub as I completed it. I like that, when I touch my cats, I appreciate the affection moving back and forth between us.


1 comment:

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.