Saturday, May 27, 2023

Sunday Stealing

Stolen from Kwizgiver


1. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive through? I don't have a car, so I go in. (I used the drive-through at the bank when the walk-up ATM was out of order. Fortunately I didn't have to battle any cars.)


2. Have you ever lost anything down a toilet? I'm sure I have. I just don't recall anything.


3. Do you have a dog? Nope. As an adult I've never lived in a building that allowed them.


4.  Ever go camping? Not since Girl Scouts.


5. Have you met anyone famous? In the spring of 1981, on the last night of the American leg of the Hungry Heart tour, Bruce Springsteen kissed me. A group of girlfriends and I rented a car and drove to Indianapolis for the concert. When we went to the "will call" window to get our tickets, Bruce's roadies tried to pick us up by telling us which hotel the E Street Band was staying at and said they could get us into the Columbia Records after-show party. We got a room in the hotel and, after the concert, crashed the party ourselves. I did manage to get a moment alone with him. With it being early 1981, John Lennon's murder was still an open wound and Bruce said, "If it wasn't for John, we'd be somewhere different tonight, wouldn't we?" (meaning that John influenced us both). At the end of the night, which was really morning, as we guests filed out, he was like a minister at the end of a church service, thanking each of us for coming. He was very big brotherly with us "girls from Chicago," asking if we'd gotten enough to eat. I said I was disappointed -- I'd partied with a world-famous rocker and had done nothing to regret. "I'll fix that," he said and -- OH MY GOD! -- took me in his arms, bent me back, and kissed me. He smelled and tasted like beer. It was divine.


Do you think that, 42 years later, The Boss is telling people how he once kissed The Gal Herself?


6. Any plans today? On Sunday I'll be toggling back and forth between Cubs-Reds and Padres-Yankees. (Go, Cubs! Go, Yankees!)


7. Are you happy? With all that baseball on my horizon, YES!


8. Where are you right now? At my dining room table.


9. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? That the site of my tooth extraction isn't healing as fast as I want it to.


10. Last song listened to? "I'm Gonna Make You Love Me" by the Supremes and the Temptations


11. Last movie you saw? You Hurt My Feelings with Julia Louis-Dreyfus. I know I'm the only person in America who doesn't think she's a national treasure, but for once I really liked her. She's an author who overhears her husband say he just doesn't like her new book, even though he's praised it to her face. Is he dishonest, or kind? Can she trust anything he says, ever again? Is he protecting her feelings or just being conflict-averse? It's an interesting premise and the dialog is very funny.



12. Are you allergic to anything? In the order of how toxic they are to me: bee sting, morphine and erythromycin. 


13. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? My old, broken-in pale blue Birkenstocks.


14. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Hugh Jackman.

15. Do you use smiley faces on the computer a lot? Yes.


9 comments:

  1. Oh.. your poor tooth! That can be so annoying and painful. I sure hope it heals quickly. I sympathize. I will be on the look out for that movie..sounds pretty good. I was never a fan of her either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday, I saw a musical called Ain't Too Proud, which was about The Temptations, and your song was performed briefly. I LOVE your The Boss story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed your answers. Good luck with your tooth. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope Bruce Springsteen will remember your kiss.
    Hope your jaw heals fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I had heard that story about Bruce. That is so cool! What a fun memory. Thanks for sharing! Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness! Your Bruce Springsteen story is amazing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that Bruce Springsteen story. Good luck with the dental stuff, I know that's a real pain in all definitions of the word!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is still one of the coolest stories ever! Oh, I hope your extraction heals up quickly and you don't end up with a dry socket.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Gal and The Boss--that's one hell of a story! Thanks for the tip on the movie. I'm going to look it up.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.