Sunday, October 13, 2019

Sunday Stealing

More than Tuesday Four

This week we're stealing from a meme that's still active! I'll have to remember to visit it and play. We meme mistresses should stick together.


1.   Have you ever known anyone that’s been on tv, including you? My mom was proud to see me on the local ABC news the night Bill Clinton was elected in 1992. I was a campaign worker, cheering when he was declared winner.

2.   What do you find yourself buying all the time? St. Ives scrubs. I use them on my face, decolletage and feet every day.

3.   When was the last time you got a real letter in the mail? Last week. From my cousin Rose. We write, old school, about once/month.

4.   Have you ever lived in a house/apartment that has been broken into? Nope.

5. Did you walk to school with your friends? Take a school bus? Ever have someone carry your books home from school? Walked to grade school, car pooled to high school. No one ever carried my books for me.

6. Do you like pumpkin seeds? Do you carve the pumpkin and roast the seeds? Do you buy packaged, prepared pumpkin seeds? Pumpkin seeds are fine, I suppose. I have no deeply held feeling about them one way or the other. I've never prepared them in any way, and haven't carved a pumpkin in decades.

7. Does your car or did a family car have a name? Nope

8.  The first week of October was National Mystery Series Week. Do you sleuth alongside Nancy Drew or Miss Marple? Fan of Nero Wolfe? I used to read Nancy Drew enthusiastically. In 2015, I visited the Soboroff Typewriter Collection and completely fangirled when I saw this, one of the typewriters used by "Carolyn Keene" to write Nancy Drew stories.


 




And I love Nero Wolfe, too. Or, more specifically, Archie Goodwin. I think he's sexy and very funny.


9. Have you ever spent ages writing something on your computer when it suddenly crashed and you lost it all? Haven't we all?

10. Are you one of those people who can sleep through anything? No

11. What type or kind of art do you like? And do you draw or paint yourself? My favorite artist is Thomas McKnight. He describes his work as "landscapes in acrylic, featuring flat vibrant colors." I don't paint myself, and have no idea what I just said. To borrow a phrase, I just know what I like.


Thomas McKnight's Lake Shore Drive
 

12. If you went to London, where would you go first? Abbey Road Studios!

13.  What is one quote that you love to quote? "What man has done, man can do."

14.  Do you ever at times see the world in black and white? Yes.

15. Do you believe there is life somewhere else in the universe? Intellectually, yes. I mean, why not? Emotionally, no. I mean, I'm not worrying about an alien invasion.







6 comments:

  1. I went to Abbey Road studios when I was in London. Did not go in, but it was cool crossing the street!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is neat you saw the type writer used to type the Nancy Drew mysteries! Very cool. Love your answers! Have a nice day!

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another reason why I love you! The typewriter is just the kind of thing I'd fangirl over...and would if I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not worried about an alien invasion, either, but sometimes I wish we'd have one. I am glad you caught up with your friend (other blog entry). And that you're both doing Nano. I tried that one year, failed miserably. Can't even consider it this year with hubby getting ready to have ankle surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate lots of art but I like what I like, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the painting. Will look him up.
    I’m not worried about alien invasions either. I think we’ve already been invaded. 😉
    More and more, I see the world in black and white. I want out.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.