Monday, August 27, 2018

August Happiness Challenge -- Day 26

Today’s happiness: Rizzo. Today Anthony Rizzo went 2-4 against the Reds and scored 3 runs. He was flawless, as usual, with his mitt. All this, even though it was over 90ยบ on the field. It was thrilling, but not surprising. That's what he gets paid for.

Earlier today, I saw this video of him. Last night he was eager to look foolish, singing "Piano Man" (with former Cub pitcher Ryan Dempster) for charity. 



Rizz regularly donates his time and his money to Lurie Childrens Hospital. His Foundation built the parents' waiting room in Lurie's pediatric cancer ward. He raised money for hurricane relief in Puerto Rico, seeded with his $25,000. He's worked with kids in Parkland, FL, who were traumatized by the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas, his alma mater. (And that's just what I know from memory. I'm sure I could list more if I looked it up.)

And last night, he sang for the Chicago Public Schools.

His joy in everything he does and his oversized generosity lift my mood whenever I look at him.

I love this kid.


via GIPHY

Each day in August you are to post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.



 

1 comment:

  1. He is the definition of a good sport! That's a hilarious video clip. He can actually sort of sing!

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.