Sunday, July 30, 2017

Well, look at this!


I admit it: at the run-up to the All Star break, I was confused and sad about the Cubs' performance. They weren't playing like World Champions. They weren't even playing .500 ball, and I was worried they wouldn't even make the play-offs.

HA! My guys are now 8 games over .500 and have roared into first place!

A friend of mine, a Chicagoan who moved to DC, teased me on Facebook for the "it's OK, we'll always have 2016" attitude I displayed before the break. Shame on me! I should have greater faith in Joe, Bryzzo, Lester and Lackey.


1 comment:

  1. You've got me cheering on the Cubs! And I wanted to share this link: http://www.bravotv.com/blogs/baby-deliveries-double-this-month-in-chicago-following-cubs-world-series-win?cid=soc_dg_fb_PersonalSpace

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.