Wednesday, March 25, 2015

THURSDAY THIRTEEN #235




THE TOP THIRTEEN SONGS FOR MARCH 23, 1985

I think of this as my, "30 Years Ago Today" edition. You remember 30 years ago -- when hits were made by FM radio airplay and MTV. 

I believe 1985 may have been the last year that I was hip. The only one I couldn't sing along to right now is Jagger's "Just Another Night." If you're like me and need a refresher on Mick's solo effort, click here.



1) One More Night -- Phil Collins

2) Material Girl -- Madonna

3)  Lovergirl -- Tenna Marie

4) Too Late for Goodbye -- Julian Lennon

5) High on You -- Survivor

6) Can't Fight this Feeling -- REO

7) Nightshift -- The Commodores

8) Just Another Night -- Mick Jagger

9) Private Dancer -- Tina Turner

10) Missing You -- Diana Ross

11) We Are the World -- USA for Africa

12) Keeping the Faith -- Billy Joel

13)  I'm on Fire -- Bruce Springsteen




Please join us for The NEW THURSDAY THIRTEEN. Click here to play along, and to see other interesting compilations of 13 things.

5 comments:

  1. Excellent play list - I remember them all, some of them fondly. ☺
    My T13

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool list. I could immediately hear all of these in my head except #3. I suppose I'll have to go find & listen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. do you watch the Goldbergs they often incorporatew g reat songs from that era

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I can't believe Julian Lennon's song is that old. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those were the days that I remember well! There was also Missing You by John Waite.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry about adding Comment Moderation, folks. But look at the bright side, at least I've gotten rid of word verification!