Thursday, December 04, 2014

In other news

I believe one of my coworkers has suddenly developed a crush on me. I don't know how I feel about this.

He began working with our team two years ago. He spent most of his time at our clients' offices downstate, so I seldom if ever saw him. But over the last three months he's been up here almost exclusively and, since I've been back from Vegas, he's been coming over to our clown car and insinuating himself into our morning conversations as soon as I arrive.

And let me explain -- since there are four of us in an office originally designed for two, and since tensions can run high, I tend to be overly cheerful and babbly in the morning. Just to smooth things over and make sure the other three get along. I consider myself to be the agency's rodeo clown.

Apparently he suddenly finds my babbling captivating.

Now on the one hand, he appears age appropriate and is very, very smart. Those things are good.

On the other hand, he is rumored to be getting over a bad relationship and is said to have a drinking problem. Those things are not good.

Oh well, I don't have to do anything about anything. For the time being, I think I'll just enjoy being found at the very least amusing by a man of very high intellect.




3 comments:

  1. That's both nice and a little awkward. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo--this could be interesting. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's interesting news! Maybe a little lurve is just what The Gal needs! :) "More will be revealed" as they say.

    ReplyDelete

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.