Friday, November 29, 2013

We're the luckiest people in the world

Those of us who have seen Streisand live, of course.

I'm watching the PBS/Great Performances telecast of her Back to Brooklyn concert. I saw her a year ago and I still think about it. She is an inspiration: 71 and still uncompromising and original.

As I look at that unforgettable profile, as I hear that crystalline voice, I think, "You go, girl." Here in Chicago, I saw more than a couple moms guiding little girls (10 or under) to their concert seats. She means so much to so many of us, showing us that there isn't only one way to be a successful woman. I'm glad that Babs hit the road so that she could experience that phenomenon for herself. She deserves to know.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please note: If you have a WordPress blog, I can't return the favor and comment on your post unless you change your settings. WordPress hates me these days.