2) Paul McCartney and Wings traveled all the way to Lagos, Nigeria, to record Band on the Run. That's a long, long way from London. What's the farthest from home you've ever been? Munich. It's about 3500 miles from Chicago.
3) Wings featured Linda McCartney on keyboards. Paul said
that when Linda died, after almost 30 years together, he lost the love of his life. Who is the love of your life? Or have you yet to meet him/her? Usually I answer this by saying my two most enduring loves are Sir Paul and the Chicago Cubs. But seriously, I like to think my great love still awaits me.
4) Paul has said he's very proud of Band on the Run, his most successful post-Beatles album. Brag a little. Tell us something you're proud of. I believe I am very good at something very important, and that's being a friend.
5) Paul's birth certificate reads "James Paul McCartney." He's named for his father, Jim. Are you named after anyone? No.
6) Paul enjoys oil painting in his spare time. What's one of your hobbies? I love movies.
7) 20 Forthlin Road, Paul McCartney's boyhood home, has been turned into a museum by the British government. It's a
modest 2 bedroom cottage, with a drainpipe that Paul used to climb to sneak in after curfew. How would you describe your childhood home? A four bedroom ranch in a really boring little town. The best thing about it was the backyard. My mother loved it for her lawn and garden, but for me, the main attraction was the swingset.
8) Paul is 5'11". How tall are you? Very nearly 5'2.
9) Actor Christopher Lee is on the album cover. He played Dracula in a series of movies in the 1950s and 1960s. Who is your favorite vampire? The original, daytime TV Barnabas Collins.